We’d love for you to join us in one of our worship services, whether you’re just visiting or looking to come regularly.
Our 9.15 am worship service is an all age worshiping community with the aim of growing vibrant, faith-centred individuals and families. We sing a mix of contemporary songs, actively include kids and youth in worship and explore the questions of faith together. Kids and youth go out to our Kidslife and JAM+ programs. After the service, everyone is welcome to a lovely morning tea.
Find Westbourne Park Uniting Church on Facebook here:
Our 11.00 am worship service enjoys a more traditional worship style including organ, choir and hymns.
Our 6.00 pm worship service is a community aiming to grow faithfully engaged and involved youth and young adults. The music and worship style is contemporary and immersive, led by worship leaders who are passionate about the gospel.
We’re at 27 Sussex Terrace, Hawthorn, South Australia 5062
Find the 6pm Facebook page here:
Messy Church is a relaxed style of being church and a diverse worship experience for all ages that includes creativity, craft, hospitality and celebration. Messy Church is held on a Saturday twice a term from 5.00pm to 7.30pm and includes dinner.
Messy Church is
- Fun for all ages
- Based on creativity, hospitality and celebration
- A way of being church for all ages to enjoy together in a relaxed atmosphere
- Christ-centred providing the opportunity to encounter Jesus and to grow closer to him
- A creative time to explore a biblical theme through getting messy; a celebration time which might involve a story, prayer and songs; enjoying a light meal together.
Check out our Facebook page:
2019 dates for our Messy Church events. Write them in your diary!
- 16 February
- 16 March
- 18 May
- 15 June
- 17 August
- 21 September
- 19 October
- 30 November
We want to be the very best ‘local church’ that we can be. We have seven intentional areas for growth:
- Our people grow personally through worship, discipleship and bible based Christian education, in spiritual gifts and in
fellowship and hospitality.
- We grow in our ability to share Jesus.
- We grow in mission capabilities and effectiveness.
- We grow in the depth of our programs (not necessarily number).
- We grow in the number of people who call WPUC their home church.
- We grow in monetary giving.
- We grow in our ability to care for one another pastorally.
WE ARE THE UNITING CHURCH
We are part of the Uniting Church in Australia.
We’re passionate about knowing Jesus and making him known.
Westbourne Park Uniting Church is part of the greater Uniting Church in Australia. The Uniting Church is made up of a series of inter-related councils — local churches, regional presbyteries, state synods, and the national Assembly. Each council has its distinct tasks, and each council recognises the limits of its responsibilities in relation to other councils. Read More.
The Uniting Church is a young church – formed on 22 June 1977, when the Congregational, Methodist, and Presbyterian Churches united to become one. The Basis of Union is the document which affirms our Christian faith and is the guide to what is central to the life of the Uniting Church in Australia.
Read the Basis of Union here.